On May 3rd, Spirit of the North will be holding the 2nd Annual Spirit Day fundraiser. This is a rebranded and updated version the Spirit of the North Radiothon, which ran for 11 years previous, helping to fund diagnostic equipment for northern BC region.
Starting at 7am, join us as we work to raise $60,000 to support enhancements to cardiac care in Northern BC.
The 5-year Northern Health Regional Cardiac Strategy is being implemented to improve access to, and the quality of, cardiac diagnostics and care in the North. As the first step in this strategy, Spirit of the North is committed to raising $500,000 to purchase a suite of ultrasounds with ECHO capabilities. Current wait times for ECHO testing at University Hospital of Northern British Columbia (UHNBC) are up to 6 months, and the waiting list holds over 1,100 names. This suite of ultrasounds (supplier to be determined) consists of:
Spirit Day is the first fundraiser with proceeds directed to this $500,000 campaign and we hope to raise $60,000 toward our goal!
The newest ECHO Ultrasounds provide cutting edge 4D technology that enables the cardiac team to reach a more accurate diagnosis in a heart beat... It’s leading edge technology, that our patients deserve.”
- Dr. Haidar Hadi, Cardiologist
Purchasing this suite of ultrasounds means that:
There are many ways that you can get involved and help to make a difference through Spirit Day:
1. Make a donation—100% of every dollar raised is dedicated to medical equipment, and every little bit helps!
2. Host a fundraising event on Spirit Day (or before!) and visit us to present the funds during Spirit Day
3. Partner with us for an Hour during the June 1 radio campaign. Spirit Hours Include:
4. Volunteer—Spirit Day needs lots of volunteers to be successful!
For more information, please contact Curtis Mayes – (250) 565-2372 or